Addiction can affect anyone, but recovery can look quite different for men and women. Many people find success with co-ed addiction treatment programs, but this method does not work for everyone. Why not get more out of your treatment by choosing a women’s drug addiction treatment program?
At Midwest Center at Youngstown, we want all women to get the help they need to recover from addiction. We understand that women’s treatment needs are different from men’s, so we design our women’s programs to meet those unique needs. If you have been hesitant to get help because of concerns about stigma or discomfort, we urge you to give our women’s addiction treatment a chance. Your health and safety are our priority. Give us a call today at 844.544.0502 to learn more about our comprehensive programs for women.
How Is Women’s Addiction Recovery Different from Men’s?
When tackling women’s drug addiction recovery, it is vital to understand why women turn to drugs in the first place. The most common causes of women’s substance use include:
- Experiencing the breakup of a relationship
- Being in an abusive relationship
- Being the victim of a rape or sexual assault
- Having an untreated mental health disorder
- Having low self-esteem
- Feeling overwhelmed by family, work, or school responsibilities
- Worrying that you are not living up to the expectations of others
Sometimes, women feel they need to put on a happy face and present themselves to others as though they have it all together. Rather than admit they are overwhelmed and feel insecure about themselves, some women choose to deal with their feelings by taking drugs or alcohol. This can help them feel more relaxed and less self-conscious. It is also a method of numbing or temporarily forgetting about the pain caused by trauma.
With the causes of women’s substance use in mind, addiction treatment programs can be tailored to help women heal and recover fully. For treatment to work, you need to address any and all issues that contributed to your addiction. A co-ed addiction treatment program may not be able to pinpoint and address the root causes as thoroughly as you need. If any underlying issues are left on the table during your treatment, they will likely arise again, and you will have a higher risk of relapse.
Why Should You Choose a Women’s Addiction Treatment Program?
You may wonder if it makes a difference if you choose a gender-specific treatment program. There are several reasons why you may benefit more from addiction treatment in a women’s program:
- The treatment environment is specifically designed with your safety and comfort in mind.
- Group therapy sessions will focus on the topics most relevant to women overcoming addiction.
- You may feel more comfortable opening up about your problems when in the company of other women who can relate.
- Women’s treatment facilities are more likely to accommodate women’s personal needs, such as transportation or childcare.
- Staff in women’s programs are more likely to use trauma-informed principles as trauma is common in women suffering from addiction.
By enrolling in a women’s addiction treatment program, you will give yourself the best chance of a full and lasting recovery. You are more likely to have your needs met, so you will get more out of your time in treatment.
Midwest Center at Youngstown: Specialized Women’s Drug Addiction Treatment
For a women’s addiction treatment program customized for your needs, put your trust in Midwest Center at Youngstown. We provide the safe, nurturing environment women depend upon to overcome mental health and addiction struggles. Our caring staff is ready to support you every step of the way. When you are prepared for the top women’s drug addiction treatment in Ohio, give us a call at 844.544.0502.