Recovery is an ongoing process. Every individual in recovery presents with a different set of needs required to support their lasting sobriety. The daily treatment available through outpatient rehab centers allows some individuals to receive the help they need while continuing with school, work, or other meaningful pursuits. If you are looking for an outpatient addiction treatment program in Ohio, consider Midwest Center at Youngstown to help you reclaim your health and well-being. Contact our team at 844.544.0502 to see if outpatient rehab is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of an Outpatient Treatment Center?
Not all individuals entering a treatment program have the means to leave their home and ongoing responsibilities for months at a time. Outpatient treatment programs provide a viable alternative for many, particularly those with only a mild to moderate dependency on drugs or alcohol.
Enrolling in an outpatient rehab provides some of the following benefits:
- Ability to pursue treatment while living at home, so enabling participants to continue caring for dependents and companion animals
- A higher likelihood of being covered by most insurance plans
- Easy access to medical personnel, counselors, case managers, and other individuals involved in your treatment program
- Permitting individuals in recovery the opportunity for daily practice, gradually integrating the new skills and techniques obtained in treatment within the context of their real-world responsibilities
- Allows family members and domestic partners the ability to become active participants in the healing process from the beginning of treatment
Prospective clients should note that outpatient treatment is generally not recommended for the following individuals:
- Those recovering from long-term substance use
- Those who have previously undergone treatment and/or have a history of relapse
- Those or who have been diagnosed with certain co-occurring disorders, especially multiple diagnoses
- Those with chronic health conditions, requiring 24/7 medical attention
- Those requiring specialized services such as gender-specific treatment
- Those lacking a strong personal support network at home (i.e., individuals who live alone, who are involved in domestic disputes, etc.)
- Those lacking reliable transportation
In addition, successful outpatient rehab clients must have a safe and secure home environment, where they will not encounter the temptation to drink or take drugs.
What Should I Look for When Choosing an Outpatient Rehab Program?
The most important features of an effective outpatient addiction program include:
- Convenience. You can only receive the benefits of a program if you can attend as scheduled. Look at the location to make sure you can easily access transportation to and from appointments, meetings, and other treatments.
- Comprehensive treatment and a personalized approach. Recovery programs generally must attend to physical, psychological, emotional, and other factors to address the underlying causes for substance use.
- Staff credentials. This information should be available on the website or furnished on request prior to enrolling in a program.
- The program’s step-down approach. As the client becomes more independent, they should be able to thrive with less and less direct support. It’s important to inquire about what these assessments will look like. You can also learn about how the various stages of the treatment process will change as you improve.
- Payment options. All stresses, including financial concerns, should be avoided when possible. Make sure to have a clear picture of the costs of your program, as well as any support programs available.
Our Outpatient Treatment Center at Midwest Center at Youngstown To Begin Addiction Recovery
At Midwest Center at Youngstown, our experienced team of medical providers and treatment counselors knows how to address your unique needs through this meaningful transition. Contact us today at 844.544.0502 to learn more about the benefits of outpatient treatment and determine if it is the right solution to support your journey towards permanent health and wellness.