When you are ready to receive help for mental health or addiction, you may not be sure which type of program is best for you. There are various options, but the most important deciding factor is the level of care you require. For those who need extra support but cannot attend residential treatment, a partial hospitalization program in Youngstown may be the best match.
At Midwest Center at Youngstown, we want to make mental health and addiction treatment accessible to all. We offer a full continuum of care to ensure that your recovery needs are met, regardless of the severity of your condition. Give us a call today at 844.544.0502 to learn more about our treatment options, including our partial hospitalization program.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program for Mental Health and Addiction?
Several levels of care are provided at mental health and addiction treatment centers, ranging from highly structured residential treatment to the most convenient and flexible outpatient programs. Using this scale, a partial hospitalization program (PHP) falls right after residential treatment as far as structure and intensiveness go. They provide the highest level of care without requiring an inpatient stay. People may benefit most from a partial hospitalization program if they:
- Cannot commit to a residential program, but they need a high level of support to stick with their treatment plan
- Are unable to cut back on their substance use on their own
- Have co-occurring disorders caused by or exacerbated by their substance use
- Have loved ones at home who can help support them through their recovery
Partial hospitalization programs are excellent for those who need intensive support and guidance to stay focused on recovery. You can receive the same medication and therapies as you would as an inpatient, but you have the convenience of returning home each evening. However, if your home environment is not conducive to recovery, residential treatment or sober housing may be your best option.
What Happens in a Partial Hospitalization Program?
If you think partial hospitalization (PHP) may be right for you, you probably wonder what happens in a PHP. Each treatment facility may operate its programs differently, but there are usually many similarities. Here is what to expect during a partial hospitalization program:
- Attend sessions at the treatment facility most days of the week. Many programs are five days a week for four to six hours a day
- Usually receive lunch, snacks, and drinks while at the center
- Meet with your therapist for one-on-one counseling
- Attend group therapy sessions
- May participate in family therapy
- Meet with a physician for regular assessments and medication check-ins
- May participate in holistic therapies such as yoga, meditation, art therapy, or music therapy
- May meet with a case manager to ensure you receive applicable support, such as government assistance programs for low-income individuals
Your time at the treatment facility will help reinforce your recovery goals. Partial hospitalization programs require frequent attendance to ensure that you receive an intensive level of support as you begin your new sober lifestyle. As you progress through the program, you will transition to a lower level of care, such as an intensive outpatient or traditional outpatient program.
Midwest Center at Youngstown: A Partial Hospitalization Program in Youngstown You Can Count On
When you need extra support to stay on your recovery path, you can trust the partial hospitalization program at Midwest Center at Youngstown. This program is the perfect transition after residential treatment or an excellent start for those who cannot commit to an inpatient stay. We will provide the guidance and care you need to stay motivated for sober living. Now that you know what to expect during PHP, call us at 844.544.0502 to get started.