Individual counseling for addiction is one of the most critical components of an addiction treatment program. It is vital that you participate in a variety of therapies to get the most well-rounded treatment. When you enroll in addiction treatment, you will notice various types of therapy offered as part of your program. Your recovery depends on addressing different aspects of your life. The best way to do that is through a range of individual, group, and family therapies.
At Midwest Center at Youngstown, our individual therapy and addiction treatment programs can help you get to the root of substance use disorder. Our individual therapy programs in conjunction with family and group therapy and medication will help you get your life back on track after addiction. Call us today at 844.544.0502 to learn more about our individual therapy for substance abuse.
What Are the Benefits of Individual Therapy for Addiction?
Each type of therapy has its place in addiction treatment. Individual therapy is just one part of an effective, comprehensive treatment program. You will work one-on-one with a counselor to discuss your problems and find ways to manage them so you can overcome addiction for the long term. Some of the benefits of individual therapy include:
- Having the complete, undivided attention of the therapist – During group or family therapy sessions, each person is given the opportunity to speak. Therefore, your time will be divided among the others in the group. Individual counseling allows you to be at the center of attention. That way, your sessions can stay focused solely on your needs.
- The highest level of confidentiality – Your discussions during individual counseling sessions remain completely confidential between you and the therapist. This can help you feel more comfortable talking about potentially inflammatory topics you may not want to bring up during group or family therapy sessions.
- Personalized treatment plan – Since you are the only patient treated during individual counseling, your therapist can tailor your therapy sessions to your unique needs. There is no need to accommodate others, so the pace of your sessions can be adapted to your most pressing issues.
- Most intensive treatment – Working one-on-one with a counselor allows for a closer bond between patient and therapist. The better the rapport between the two, the more effective therapy sessions may be.
Individual therapy sessions are ideal for the most sensitive topics of concern in your life. You have your counselor all to yourself during your sessions. Therefore, you can work together to address anything that interferes with your health, happiness, and recovery.
What Are the Different Types of Therapy for Substance Abuse?
A variety of therapy modalities are available for use during individual counseling. Your therapist may specialize in one or more types and will choose which types may be most beneficial for your needs. Some of the most common types of individual therapy for substance abuse are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Eye movement desensitization reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
The type of therapy your counselor uses with you depends on whether you have co-occurring disorders or past trauma. It also depends on how committed you are to treatment, and how vulnerable you may be to relapse.
Get the Individual Therapy and Addiction Treatment You Need at Midwest Center at Youngstown
To get the help you need through individual therapy and addiction treatment, reach out to Midwest Center at Youngstown. Our counselors will work with you one-on-one to address the underlying causes of your substance use disorder. As part of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes group and family therapy along with medication and guidance, you can overcome addiction for good. Call us today at 844.544.0502 to enroll in our highly effective addiction treatment programs.